Our Family Four

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Visitors: Mom and Chelsea

Posted on 6:59 AM by Unknown

Gc 1Mom and Chelsea landed in London almost a month ago and stayed with us for about 10 days.  

Gc 2We had a wonderful visit with them, full of lots of "doing" and "non-doing."  Actually, this trip had more more running around than we normally have in one of their week-long visits.  But in the past few years, the "doing" of the visits is usually more house projects and less sight-seeing.  (Okay, enough rambling.)

Gc 3Gc 4They arrived around noon on a school day, and I thought that they would come home from the airport and sleep for a bit until Jayce got home from school.  They didn't.  Hannah did, but they didn't.HcipadGc 7And I couldn't resist taking pictures of us all doing random normal stuff.  Hanging out in the kitchen, playing with a new lego set that Grandma had brought, Hannah washing the cupboards, (this is one of her chores you know).  But we had that funny surreal experience where we felt like 2 of our worlds were colliding: our family here in our flat in London.  It was weird and nice and happy and fun.

Gc 9Gc 8And I got a million pictures.  Okay, not really, but a thousand.  

I have no intention of sharing them all, but weeding through them and pulling out my favorites is what has kept me from sharing more up until now.  But more soon, many more.Gc 10Gc 11Gc 12Gc 13Gc 15

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in Chelsea, family, Grandparents, Hannah, Jayce, us | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • We're Off!
    Saturday morning Chris, Jayce and I left Chicago and headed to Florida.  Jayce was a complete gem in the car, and I was so grateful for our ...
  • Celebrating 2
    We've had a bit of a dilemma about Jayce's birthday each year, because we don't have any family nearby to have just a little fam...
  • Christmas in Ohio
    My Christmas pictures are obviously incredibly overdue, and in an attempt to consolidate my efforts a bit, I turned to collages. Family Ti...
  • Valentines Day: The One Where We Celebrated
    For Valentines Day this year, we had a variety of celebrations. That morning, Chris and Jayce woke me up with cards, chocolate, and somethin...
  • Busy
    Well, my month of every day weekday blogging is over. And now that it's over what did I think of it? Eh. I don't know that I actual...
  • 30 Years
    Happy birthday.  Today, you turn 30.  I am so lucky to have you.  You have brought more joy to my life in our decade together than I thoug...
  • 20 Months Old
    When Jayce was about 10 weeks old, I went to meet up with a few friends for coffee. It was the first time they had ever met Jayce and they...
  • Rocking, Not Sleeping
    Little Hannah, you have just drifted off to sleep. You might have drifted off 2 minutes ago, or 20 minutes ago. I'm so tired, and would...
  • Chocolate Frosting
    We made birthday cupcakes while mom was in town.  I realized that I never had a birthday dessert, with candles and whatnot, so it was a perf...
  • Moving In Outtakes
    So, moving in.  The weekend when we arrived was a crazy one.  Not only did 4 other people descend upon the flat, but also 4 people's stu...

Categories

  • 2013 Monthly Goals (11)
  • attempts at being crafty and domestic (80)
  • Baby #2 (31)
  • Birthday (29)
  • Chelsea (30)
  • Chris (48)
  • Christmas (33)
  • decor (4)
  • Ellery (1)
  • Erin (54)
  • Etsy (9)
  • family (46)
  • Germany (6)
  • Grandparents (49)
  • Halloween (11)
  • Hannah (116)
  • Holidays (30)
  • House (17)
  • I Heart Faces (3)
  • I sew (9)
  • Jayce (219)
  • Justin (10)
  • LCC (3)
  • Lemon Tree Creations (12)
  • Lincoln (6)
  • London (52)
  • marriage (1)
  • me (100)
  • milestones (10)
  • naptime (4)
  • Parenting (49)
  • photography stuff (38)
  • photos (48)
  • Publication (6)
  • random (23)
  • Scotland (4)
  • sick (7)
  • Sunday Six (3)
  • The Farm (1)
  • travel (12)
  • tricks (4)
  • tutorial (3)
  • us (153)
  • vacation (19)
  • videos (21)
  • Visitors (2)
  • walking (1)

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (79)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ▼  June (13)
      • Birthday Party "Things"
      • We Just Wanted to Go to the Bridge, But We Went to...
      • The One Where Jayce represents Louisville and Then...
      • The One Where I Take a Picture of Her Taking a Pic...
      • Jayce's Birthday: The Golden Edition
      • The Park and The Tree
      • Hooray Daddy!
      • Friends
      • A New Addition
      • Hannah
      • Pitcher & Piano, AKA A Dinner 8 Months in the Making
      • Trumpeting the Coffee Shop
      • Visitors: Mom and Chelsea
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2012 (114)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (14)
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2011 (142)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (22)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ►  May (13)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (15)
  • ►  2010 (131)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (13)
    • ►  July (11)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (14)
    • ►  April (14)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2009 (34)
    • ►  December (15)
    • ►  November (19)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile