Our Family Four

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, June 14, 2013

Hooray Daddy!

Posted on 6:10 AM by Unknown

Race 5There was a half marathon near Richmond the first weekend that Mom and Chelsea would be in town.  We had briefly discussed maybe running it with her, but since she would have just finished her first full marathon the weekend before, we obviously decided against it.

But the Wednesday before the run, one of Chris' colleagues offered her bib to Chris because she had already registered but no longer would be able to run.  He took it.

 

So on Saturday morning, we got up, made a few signs, the kids ran around the house shouting encouragement to Chris who was already running, and we headed out to meet him at the finish line.

Race 1Race 2Race 3Race 4We arrived at a perfect time, about 10 minutes before he was set to finish.  We saw him coming, got our signs ready, and I had to get onto the course and flag him down before he saw us.Race 6When he got nearby, Jayce ran out onto the course with him and they crossed the finish line together.  Race 7Race 8The race photographers got pictures from the front of them both smiling as they cross the line, Jayce with his sign still in hand.  We're definitely buying one.  I loved it.Race 9Race 10Race 12Race 11Happy race day Chris!

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in Chris, London, us | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • We're Off!
    Saturday morning Chris, Jayce and I left Chicago and headed to Florida.  Jayce was a complete gem in the car, and I was so grateful for our ...
  • Celebrating 2
    We've had a bit of a dilemma about Jayce's birthday each year, because we don't have any family nearby to have just a little fam...
  • Christmas in Ohio
    My Christmas pictures are obviously incredibly overdue, and in an attempt to consolidate my efforts a bit, I turned to collages. Family Ti...
  • Busy
    Well, my month of every day weekday blogging is over. And now that it's over what did I think of it? Eh. I don't know that I actual...
  • 30 Years
    Happy birthday.  Today, you turn 30.  I am so lucky to have you.  You have brought more joy to my life in our decade together than I thoug...
  • 20 Months Old
    When Jayce was about 10 weeks old, I went to meet up with a few friends for coffee. It was the first time they had ever met Jayce and they...
  • Valentines Day: The One Where We Celebrated
    For Valentines Day this year, we had a variety of celebrations. That morning, Chris and Jayce woke me up with cards, chocolate, and somethin...
  • Rocking, Not Sleeping
    Little Hannah, you have just drifted off to sleep. You might have drifted off 2 minutes ago, or 20 minutes ago. I'm so tired, and would...
  • Moving In Outtakes
    So, moving in.  The weekend when we arrived was a crazy one.  Not only did 4 other people descend upon the flat, but also 4 people's stu...
  • The Buttered Popcorn Jelly Belly
    If you ever get around my brother for a minute, ask him about the time that I gave him his first buttered popcorn flavored jelly belly.  It ...

Categories

  • 2013 Monthly Goals (11)
  • attempts at being crafty and domestic (80)
  • Baby #2 (31)
  • Birthday (29)
  • Chelsea (30)
  • Chris (48)
  • Christmas (33)
  • decor (4)
  • Ellery (1)
  • Erin (54)
  • Etsy (9)
  • family (46)
  • Germany (6)
  • Grandparents (49)
  • Halloween (11)
  • Hannah (116)
  • Holidays (30)
  • House (17)
  • I Heart Faces (3)
  • I sew (9)
  • Jayce (219)
  • Justin (10)
  • LCC (3)
  • Lemon Tree Creations (12)
  • Lincoln (6)
  • London (52)
  • marriage (1)
  • me (100)
  • milestones (10)
  • naptime (4)
  • Parenting (49)
  • photography stuff (38)
  • photos (48)
  • Publication (6)
  • random (23)
  • Scotland (4)
  • sick (7)
  • Sunday Six (3)
  • The Farm (1)
  • travel (12)
  • tricks (4)
  • tutorial (3)
  • us (153)
  • vacation (19)
  • videos (21)
  • Visitors (2)
  • walking (1)

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (79)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ▼  June (13)
      • Birthday Party "Things"
      • We Just Wanted to Go to the Bridge, But We Went to...
      • The One Where Jayce represents Louisville and Then...
      • The One Where I Take a Picture of Her Taking a Pic...
      • Jayce's Birthday: The Golden Edition
      • The Park and The Tree
      • Hooray Daddy!
      • Friends
      • A New Addition
      • Hannah
      • Pitcher & Piano, AKA A Dinner 8 Months in the Making
      • Trumpeting the Coffee Shop
      • Visitors: Mom and Chelsea
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2012 (114)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (14)
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2011 (142)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (22)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ►  May (13)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (15)
  • ►  2010 (131)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (13)
    • ►  July (11)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (14)
    • ►  April (14)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2009 (34)
    • ►  December (15)
    • ►  November (19)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile