Our Family Four

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Birthday Girl

Posted on 12:28 PM by Unknown

Hannah's birthday was a few weeks ago now.  I really need to get on the ball with catching up on my blogging.  It appears that there is a 1-2 month lag time at the moment, and I'm hoping to bring that back to my usual 1-2 week lag time.

Anyway, Hannah's first birthday was on a Friday.  I have struggled in the past with knowing how to celebrate my kids' first birthdays, because there is a mix of knowing that they don't know what is going on/care what you do/won't remember it anyway, and wanting to do something to celebrate anyway.  Also, much like with Jayce's first birthday, we had our big family celebration and presents with both families prior to Hannah's actual birthday, but we still wanted to do something for her on the birthDAY.

IMG 0521

One of Hannah's favorite foods is rice from the Mexican restaurant in town.  Seriously, she starts hopping up an down in her seat with her mouth opened wide as soon as they bring out our plates.  So we decided to go there for dinner and get her her very own bowl of rice, instead of just sharing with mom and dad as usual.  Then we went to Dairy Queen and got her a vanilla kid's scoop.  

Hbday 1Hbday 2Hbday 3

It was a really beautiful evening and the temperature was perfect outside, so we just hung out and played out there.  

Hbday 10

Jayce may have helped her with her candle, but she didn't need any help with her ice cream.  She dove in, face first.

Hbday 4Hbday 6Hbday 8Hbday 7

Who needs a milk mustache when you can have an ice cream goatee?

Hbday 9

It was a low key birthday.  Next I'll share the non-low key birthday party.

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in Birthday, Hannah | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • We're Off!
    Saturday morning Chris, Jayce and I left Chicago and headed to Florida.  Jayce was a complete gem in the car, and I was so grateful for our ...
  • Celebrating 2
    We've had a bit of a dilemma about Jayce's birthday each year, because we don't have any family nearby to have just a little fam...
  • Christmas in Ohio
    My Christmas pictures are obviously incredibly overdue, and in an attempt to consolidate my efforts a bit, I turned to collages. Family Ti...
  • Busy
    Well, my month of every day weekday blogging is over. And now that it's over what did I think of it? Eh. I don't know that I actual...
  • 30 Years
    Happy birthday.  Today, you turn 30.  I am so lucky to have you.  You have brought more joy to my life in our decade together than I thoug...
  • 20 Months Old
    When Jayce was about 10 weeks old, I went to meet up with a few friends for coffee. It was the first time they had ever met Jayce and they...
  • Valentines Day: The One Where We Celebrated
    For Valentines Day this year, we had a variety of celebrations. That morning, Chris and Jayce woke me up with cards, chocolate, and somethin...
  • Rocking, Not Sleeping
    Little Hannah, you have just drifted off to sleep. You might have drifted off 2 minutes ago, or 20 minutes ago. I'm so tired, and would...
  • Moving In Outtakes
    So, moving in.  The weekend when we arrived was a crazy one.  Not only did 4 other people descend upon the flat, but also 4 people's stu...
  • The Buttered Popcorn Jelly Belly
    If you ever get around my brother for a minute, ask him about the time that I gave him his first buttered popcorn flavored jelly belly.  It ...

Categories

  • 2013 Monthly Goals (11)
  • attempts at being crafty and domestic (80)
  • Baby #2 (31)
  • Birthday (29)
  • Chelsea (30)
  • Chris (48)
  • Christmas (33)
  • decor (4)
  • Ellery (1)
  • Erin (54)
  • Etsy (9)
  • family (46)
  • Germany (6)
  • Grandparents (49)
  • Halloween (11)
  • Hannah (116)
  • Holidays (30)
  • House (17)
  • I Heart Faces (3)
  • I sew (9)
  • Jayce (219)
  • Justin (10)
  • LCC (3)
  • Lemon Tree Creations (12)
  • Lincoln (6)
  • London (52)
  • marriage (1)
  • me (100)
  • milestones (10)
  • naptime (4)
  • Parenting (49)
  • photography stuff (38)
  • photos (48)
  • Publication (6)
  • random (23)
  • Scotland (4)
  • sick (7)
  • Sunday Six (3)
  • The Farm (1)
  • travel (12)
  • tricks (4)
  • tutorial (3)
  • us (153)
  • vacation (19)
  • videos (21)
  • Visitors (2)
  • walking (1)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (79)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ▼  2012 (114)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (14)
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ▼  June (12)
      • The Turkey Song, by Jayce
      • Blanket Monthlys
      • The Cake
      • The Party
      • Combined Birthday Party: Hot Air Balloons and Bunting
      • Birthday Girl
      • I Like You, by Erin's Instagram
      • Our Calendar Girl
      • A Florida Morning
      • Quiet Nap Time Cup Destruction
      • I Think You Know
      • Birthday Boy Festivities
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2011 (142)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (22)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ►  May (13)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (15)
  • ►  2010 (131)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (13)
    • ►  July (11)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (14)
    • ►  April (14)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2009 (34)
    • ►  December (15)
    • ►  November (19)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile