Our Family Four

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New Cool Spiderman Bike

Posted on 6:00 AM by Unknown

Bike 3

Some friends emailed last week asking if we would be interested in a brand new Spiderman bike for Jayce. He doesn't have a bike yet, so we were very interested. Jayce was obviously floored, and since the first moment that he laid eyes on it, it has been referred to exclusively and lovingly as "my cool Spiderman bike."

Nursery 1

We got the bike on a Friday, and unfortunately a huge thunderstorm started immediately after we pulled it out, and kept going Saturday morning. But since it was new (and not really dirty), we let Jayce ride it in the (non-carpeted parts of the) house. He went back and forth from the front door to the furthest corner of the kitchen over and over. Saturday afternoon Chris took Jayce up to school and let him ride it up and down the hallways of the school. (A lucky perk of him having keys to the building.)

Bike 1

Sunday afternoon it was warm enough to head outside for a bit with the bike, so we took it on a short spin around the neighborhood. I don't know how much further into pregnancy I'll be able to do this with him alone, because there were a surprising amount of small hills on the sidewalks and he wasn't quite strong enough to pedal up them. I spent lots of the trip half bent over, pushing him over large cracks, maneuvering around cars that were parked far back in their driveways, and into the street for a few lots that haven't been built yet and don't have sidewalks in front of them.

Bike 2

Chris and I both had a surprising surge of pride watching him on the bike. It's so funny to be a parent and feel like you are experiencing all of these simple little things for the first time all over again. Really, when we pulled out the bike and he was pedaling around, it was hard to tell who was more excited, Jayce or us. I'm so happy to know that we have so many more of these instances ahead of us with Jayce, and then get to do it all over again with the other little one.

E1025F317CFB5B8E9E5C526E5CC0F475 copy

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in Jayce, us | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • We're Off!
    Saturday morning Chris, Jayce and I left Chicago and headed to Florida.  Jayce was a complete gem in the car, and I was so grateful for our ...
  • Celebrating 2
    We've had a bit of a dilemma about Jayce's birthday each year, because we don't have any family nearby to have just a little fam...
  • Christmas in Ohio
    My Christmas pictures are obviously incredibly overdue, and in an attempt to consolidate my efforts a bit, I turned to collages. Family Ti...
  • Busy
    Well, my month of every day weekday blogging is over. And now that it's over what did I think of it? Eh. I don't know that I actual...
  • 30 Years
    Happy birthday.  Today, you turn 30.  I am so lucky to have you.  You have brought more joy to my life in our decade together than I thoug...
  • 20 Months Old
    When Jayce was about 10 weeks old, I went to meet up with a few friends for coffee. It was the first time they had ever met Jayce and they...
  • Valentines Day: The One Where We Celebrated
    For Valentines Day this year, we had a variety of celebrations. That morning, Chris and Jayce woke me up with cards, chocolate, and somethin...
  • Rocking, Not Sleeping
    Little Hannah, you have just drifted off to sleep. You might have drifted off 2 minutes ago, or 20 minutes ago. I'm so tired, and would...
  • Moving In Outtakes
    So, moving in.  The weekend when we arrived was a crazy one.  Not only did 4 other people descend upon the flat, but also 4 people's stu...
  • The Buttered Popcorn Jelly Belly
    If you ever get around my brother for a minute, ask him about the time that I gave him his first buttered popcorn flavored jelly belly.  It ...

Categories

  • 2013 Monthly Goals (11)
  • attempts at being crafty and domestic (80)
  • Baby #2 (31)
  • Birthday (29)
  • Chelsea (30)
  • Chris (48)
  • Christmas (33)
  • decor (4)
  • Ellery (1)
  • Erin (54)
  • Etsy (9)
  • family (46)
  • Germany (6)
  • Grandparents (49)
  • Halloween (11)
  • Hannah (116)
  • Holidays (30)
  • House (17)
  • I Heart Faces (3)
  • I sew (9)
  • Jayce (219)
  • Justin (10)
  • LCC (3)
  • Lemon Tree Creations (12)
  • Lincoln (6)
  • London (52)
  • marriage (1)
  • me (100)
  • milestones (10)
  • naptime (4)
  • Parenting (49)
  • photography stuff (38)
  • photos (48)
  • Publication (6)
  • random (23)
  • Scotland (4)
  • sick (7)
  • Sunday Six (3)
  • The Farm (1)
  • travel (12)
  • tricks (4)
  • tutorial (3)
  • us (153)
  • vacation (19)
  • videos (21)
  • Visitors (2)
  • walking (1)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (79)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2012 (114)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (14)
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2011 (142)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (22)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ►  May (13)
    • ▼  April (12)
      • Easter Weekend
      • March Chatter
      • 32 Weeks Along
      • New Cool Spiderman Bike
      • New Beds All Around
      • Pier One Knock Off Pillow
      • 31 Weeks Along
      • Crazy Allergies: Sick, Take 100
      • Edinburgh Part 2
      • Guest Posting
      • Visiting Edinburgh Part 1
      • One of my favorite spring decorations for my home ...
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (15)
  • ►  2010 (131)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (13)
    • ►  July (11)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (14)
    • ►  April (14)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2009 (34)
    • ►  December (15)
    • ►  November (19)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile