Our Family Four

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Ornaments

Posted on 3:24 AM by Unknown

Coke 11While Chris was away Jayce and I spent part of an evening making cinnamon ornaments.

Coke 1 2Coke 2 2Coke 3 2We've done this before and it's always a hit.  It satisfies his desire to add ingredients, mix them, roll out the dough, and cut it into shapes, and it's much less of an ordeal than making a batch of sugar cookies.  No baking, no frosting, less ingredients to mess with, etc.Coke 6 2Coke 7Coke 5 2Coke 4 2Although, eventually it just turned into playing with cinnamon scented play dough.  He made a few ornaments, then decided that he wanted to make them into chicken strips, "just in case anyone is hungry for chicken strips."  So he rolled them out and then flattened them slightly.  It turned my stomach to see them all laying there on my kitchen counter, because they looked like, well, you can see what they looked like.  But I was not going to stop my chef in the middle of his masterpiece.Coke 8Coke 9All was well, until the next day when he wanted to lay all of those chicken strips on the tree.  :)  Silly boy.  But it was still a successful project and evening for us all.

Ornament 1

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in Christmas, Jayce, Parenting, us | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • We're Off!
    Saturday morning Chris, Jayce and I left Chicago and headed to Florida.  Jayce was a complete gem in the car, and I was so grateful for our ...
  • Celebrating 2
    We've had a bit of a dilemma about Jayce's birthday each year, because we don't have any family nearby to have just a little fam...
  • Christmas in Ohio
    My Christmas pictures are obviously incredibly overdue, and in an attempt to consolidate my efforts a bit, I turned to collages. Family Ti...
  • Valentines Day: The One Where We Celebrated
    For Valentines Day this year, we had a variety of celebrations. That morning, Chris and Jayce woke me up with cards, chocolate, and somethin...
  • Busy
    Well, my month of every day weekday blogging is over. And now that it's over what did I think of it? Eh. I don't know that I actual...
  • 30 Years
    Happy birthday.  Today, you turn 30.  I am so lucky to have you.  You have brought more joy to my life in our decade together than I thoug...
  • 20 Months Old
    When Jayce was about 10 weeks old, I went to meet up with a few friends for coffee. It was the first time they had ever met Jayce and they...
  • Five for Wednesday
    Oh blog, how I have neglected you.  I know I always say this, but it has been incredibly crazy around here.  Here are just a few highlights....
  • I'll Ask Hannah
    Jayce has been exploring his new favorite book this week, AKA the new Toys R Us catalog.  As I was changing Hannah's diaper, he called t...
  • Family Blessing Service
    Our church had it's family blessing service last weekend. Instead of the minister introducing our newest addition and praying for the f...

Categories

  • 2013 Monthly Goals (11)
  • attempts at being crafty and domestic (80)
  • Baby #2 (31)
  • Birthday (29)
  • Chelsea (30)
  • Chris (48)
  • Christmas (33)
  • decor (4)
  • Ellery (1)
  • Erin (54)
  • Etsy (9)
  • family (46)
  • Germany (6)
  • Grandparents (49)
  • Halloween (11)
  • Hannah (116)
  • Holidays (30)
  • House (17)
  • I Heart Faces (3)
  • I sew (9)
  • Jayce (219)
  • Justin (10)
  • LCC (3)
  • Lemon Tree Creations (12)
  • Lincoln (6)
  • London (52)
  • marriage (1)
  • me (100)
  • milestones (10)
  • naptime (4)
  • Parenting (49)
  • photography stuff (38)
  • photos (48)
  • Publication (6)
  • random (23)
  • Scotland (4)
  • sick (7)
  • Sunday Six (3)
  • The Farm (1)
  • travel (12)
  • tricks (4)
  • tutorial (3)
  • us (153)
  • vacation (19)
  • videos (21)
  • Visitors (2)
  • walking (1)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (79)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ▼  2012 (114)
    • ▼  December (10)
      • Pigtails
      • Christmas Afternoon/Evening
      • We Wish You A Merry Christmas Morning
      • Jayce's All Singing All Dancing Show
      • Advent
      • He Talks "All British"
      • Retro Fabric Christmas Lights
      • Ornaments
      • 8 Days Without Leaving the House: AKA My Kid Has A...
      • The Felt Tree & Pirates
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (14)
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2011 (142)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (22)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ►  May (13)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (15)
  • ►  2010 (131)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (13)
    • ►  July (11)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (14)
    • ►  April (14)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2009 (34)
    • ►  December (15)
    • ►  November (19)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile